Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Celebrity Look-alike

So, a typical conversation in my limited Arabic with a Jordanian usually goes like this:
Me: Hey, how are you?
Jordanian: el-hamdidullah (an arabic response to the above question meaning "God be praised"). Where are you from?
Me: From America.
Jordanian: Oh, you look like John Cena! I mean, your face at least. Do you know John Cena?

At first, I didn't know John Cena. But now I do, since approximately every Jordanian under the age of 30 that I have met has told me that I look like John Cena. John Cena is a pro wrestler who has starred in movie classics such as The Marine and the 12 Rounds. Apparently, alot of people out here stay up to date on their wrestling trivia. But, even though every single Jordanian thought that I looked like John Cena, I remained unconvinced, so I took a shot of myself in a menacing pose and luckily found a shot of John Cena- in the exact same position! So I will let you be the judge of whether I look like the famous, nine-time world champion, three-time WWE US Champion, two-time World Tag Team Champion, and winner of the 2008 Royal Rumble Match.







3 comments:

  1. the pro wrestling fan base is alive and kickin' in Amman. My little brother looks up to them a lot. It is hard not to laugh. You're looking pretty intimidating there, Aj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know James, you kind of do. And my friend at work totally knows who John Cena is-BTW.

    ReplyDelete