Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Creation

I've decided that I'm going to start blogging everyday, even if it's really short. Actually, it's probably a good thing that it'd be really short. I have a really short attention span when it comes to blogs.

Tonight, some friends and I went to the Springville Art Museum. Because it was college night, we got in free. The coolest part was the stations they had set up to draw and do watercolor. I spent about a half-hour trying to draw my foot. Lately, I've felt drawn towards creating things. Arabic and Economics are great, but I don't feel that same satisfaction with them that I do when I write a poem or try to draw something. Art and creation allows us to make sense of the world. We are surrounded by innumerable shades of color and light. Do we understand them? Our senses take in so much, but how much of it do we really process? What are the light patterns and contours that make my foot look like a foot? How do my senses depict its dimensions?

I think I'll do more art these days.

2 comments:

  1. Good goal. I just made a goal to blog at least once a week. I recommend that goal... every day is just too easy to miss, you know? But hey... don't let me rain on your parade. Blog up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for the support. I plan on keeping them short to make it manageable.

    ReplyDelete