Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Things I missed about Jordan:
- the organizational capacities of the Jordanian people. Drink tea with the shabaab, stare at girls, throw a plan together at the last minute, and pray that it works.
- Jordanians assume you are rich, bad-a Americans who live in a Hollywood type world with guns, girls, and pro wrestling.
- driving with a driver who has ice in his veins and slips through the most impossible gaps. I've yet to be in an accident.
- groups of shabaab who drive around and honk at every American girl they see.
- the fact that hygiene is a lot less important, meaning that I don't have to shower everyday and it is acceptable for my feet to be very dirty.
- the call to prayer five times a day.
- super friendly people always ready to talk with said rich, bad-a Americans.